Resilient flooring was launched in the Singapore residential and commercial market in the early 2010s as a strong alternative to traditional laminate flooring due to its waterproof and termite proof features. The resilient flooring range can be subdivided into various products, such as high end, premium, and luxury resilient vinyl flooring.
There are two main types of resilient flooring – Click Resilient Flooring and Eco Resilient Flooring. Let’s have a look at their benefits.
Here are seven features of click resilient flooring that makes it a great flooring option:
– A healthy thickness of between 4mm to 6mm and a wear layer between 0.3mm to 0.6mm.
– 100% waterproof and termite proof
– Innovative patented click system technology originating from Europe, such as Valinge or Unilin.
– Non-slip properties and high impact resistance.
– An advanced coating technology that enhances the flooring’s UV resistance as well as scratch resistance.
– Certified better air quality based on inspection tests, such as Floor Score and E1 rating on formaldehyde emission.
Eco resilient flooring has the above seven qualities of clickable resilient flooring… and one additional bonus!
1) Eco Friendly Certification
Most consumers do not realise that to be certified as an eco-friendly flooring, the flooring needs to be tested for more than just having healthy air quality. Other important factors analysed that go towards an eco-friendly certification include the safety of the materials used in the manufacturing process and the recyclable properties of the flooring. One credible certification is the Singapore Green Label. Some conventional resilient flooring may be marketed as an eco friendly product without having a credible and authorised certification. Hence, it is important for consumers to check with vendors before purchasing resilient flooring.
Interested in installing resilient flooring for your property? Feel free to get in touch with our flooring team HERE.